M, #452, (1866 - 1915)
Children of Edward Greenwood and Margaret Priscilla Moser
- Edward was baptized in the parish of Harley Wood, Todmorden, on 6 Dec 1868.1
- In July 1886 Edward enlisted in the British Army, the Duke of Wellington's West Riding Regiment.2
- Edward was stationed in Halifax, Nova Scotia, from 22 Sep 1888 to 8 March 1891.
- Edward was discharged from the British Army on July 25, 1898.3
Grandfather of John Greenwood Cordes
- Birth: Edward Greenwood was born on 25 May 1866 in Todmorden, Yorkshire, England.
- Marriage: He married Margaret Priscilla Moser, daughter of John Henry Moser and Margaret Ann MacDonald, on 28 May 1895 in Todmorden, Yorkshire, England.
- Death: Edward Greenwood died on 13 August 1915 in Salford Royal Hospital, Salford, Manchester, Lancashire, England, at age 49.
- Burial: He was buried on 17 August 1915 at St. John the Evangelist Churchyard, Broughton, Manchester, Lancashire, England; Grave No. 36, Row B2 North -- I am looking for a photo of the gravestone.
- [S748] Ancestry: West Yorkshire Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906: Todmorden, St Mary, Yorkshire, England.
- [S642] Attestation Paper of Edward Greenwood, West Riding Regiment, 27 July 1886.
- [S643] Discharge Paper of Edward Greenwood, West Riding Regiment, 25 July 1898.
- [S641] British Census 1871 (Ancestry.com, 2 Apr 1871).
- [S3426] British Census 1901 , 1901 England Census, Class: RG13, Piece: 3723, Folio: 119, Page: 41
Broughton, Salford, Lancashire, Household No. 236
Household Members: Edward Greenwood, Margaret Greenwood, Muriel Greenwood, Edna Greenwood.
- [S635] Ancestry.com, British Census 1911.
Capt. George Francis Shellnutt
M, #455, (c 1824 - 1879)
Children of Capt. George Francis Shellnutt and Margaret Ann Smith
- Birth: Capt. George Francis Shellnutt was born circa 1824.
- Marriage: He married Margaret Ann Smith, daughter of Thomas Smith and Catherine Fraser, on 14 January 1862.
- Death: Capt. George Francis Shellnutt died in 1879 in Necum Teuch, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- [S337] E-mails from Wayne Shellnutt to John Cordes.
David Henry Moser
M, #477, (1834 - 1910)
Children of David Henry Moser and Catherine Ann Webber
1st cousin 2 times removed of John Greenwood Cordes
- Birth: David Henry Moser was born in 1834.
- Marriage: He married Catherine Ann Webber, daughter of Peter Webber and Mary Faulkner, on 2 January 1866 in Beaver Harbour, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, Canada.1
- Death: David Henry Moser died on 24 August 1910 in Moser River, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, Canada,2
- Burial: and was buried in St. John's Anglican Cemetery, Necum Teuch, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, Canada.3
- [S338] Nova Scotia Historical Vital Statistics, online https://archives.novascotia.ca/vital-statistics/, David H. Moser and Catherine Ann Webber married 1866 in Beaver Harbour, Halifax County
Item can be found in Registration Year:1866 - Book:1815 - Page:58 Number:614.
- [S338] Nova Scotia Historical Vital Statistics, online https://archives.novascotia.ca/vital-statistics/, David H Mosher [sic Moser], died 1910 in Moser River, Halifax County
Item can be found in Registration Year:1910 - Book:9 - Page:165 Number:988.
- [S1221] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/133589431
- [S340] Online image of the Federal Census, transcribed by JG Cordes, for Smith's Cove, Halifax County, Nova Scotia (1891 Census of Smith's Cove, Halifax County, http://johncordes.ca/genealogy/census/smithscove1891.html).